CS RANJEET PANDEY
A Fellow Member of the Institute of Companies Secretaries of India (ICSI) and a Law Graduate from Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, CS Ranjeet Pandey took over as the President of the ICSI in January, 2019 and is also the Secretary, Corporate Secretaries International Association Limited (CSIA). Having over 15 years of experience in the field of Corporate and Commercial Laws, he is also an Insolvency Professional, registered with the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) and an ex-officio member of the Advisory Board of Sri Aurobindo Foundation for Integral Management (SAFIM).
A member of the Primary Market Advisory Committee of SEBI, he has also been a member of the Working Committee of Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), for streamlining working under the Companies Act, 2013. Apart from these CS Pandey is a member of the Steering Committee of National Foundation for Corporate Social Responsibility (NFCSR), and Committee for Finalizing BRR format for Listed and Unlisted entities and has also contributed on the High Level Committee on Corporate Social Responsibility of MCA.
His journey to the Chair began from the Regional Council of NIRC of ICSI wherein he served as a member for two consecutive terms i.e., 2007-10 and 2011-14. It was during his able Chairmanship that NIRC received the Best Regional Council Award in 2011. Setting benchmarks and achieving feats he was further elected to the Central Council of ICSI for the term 2015-18 and re-elected for the period 2019-22. During his first term, his membership in Boards like the Secretarial Standards Board (SSB) and designation as Chairman at various Committees including the Golden Jubilee Organizing Committee evidently proves his leadership skills as well as his knack for not just corporate laws but allied arenas as well. The role played by him in carving the ICSI Vision 2022 too has been well acclaimed.
A firm believer in the significance of quality education and continuous training & skill upgradation and above all right amount of motivation in the effective and efficient dispensing with responsibilities by professionals, CS Pandey is a regular speaker at various national and international academic, industry and media forums.
A prominent advisor in the areas of Corporate Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy, Compliances & Due-diligence, CS Ranjeet Pandey feels immensely proud of the role played by Governance Professionals in shaping the corporate culture and that of the Institute in transforming the Indian business arena.
SHRI NALIN KOHLI
Professional and Political Experience Nalin Kohli is an Advocate at the Supreme Court of India. He is a political personality having varied interests. Key highlights of his experience include:
- • Nalin is at presently the National Spokesperson of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the ruling political party in India. He is also a member of the National Executive of the BJP.
- • Additional Advocate General (AAG) for the State of Assam at the Hon. Supreme Court of India. Former Addl Advocate General for the State of Rajasthan (April 2016 to Dec 2018).
- • Director of the BJP’s Public Policy Research Centre (PPRC).
- • Founding Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Insolvency Professionals Agency (IPA) set up by the Institute of the Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
- • Vice-Chairman of the Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel of the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
- • Senior Government Nominee on the Disciplinary Committee of the ICSI which adjudicates on all complaints related to lack of diligence and improper compliance of statutory provisions by Practicing Company Secretaries.
- • Member of the High-Level Committee (HLC) formed by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. The HLC presented a report containing key recommendations to strengthen and streamline the disciplinary procedure of the three institutes viz. Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI). All three institutes are statutory bodies created under an Act of the Parliament of India.
- • As a trainer, Nalin has conducted media management workshops at various institutions including as a visiting faculty to the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) at Ranchi. He has also conducted Media Training Workshops in India and Sri Lanka for television, radio presenters and management professionals.
- • Earlier, Nalin was Incharge of the All India Publicity Department of the BJP. He was also the Co-Convenor of the BJP’s Policy Formulation Action Group (PFAG).
- • He has also been the Convenor and Co-Convenor of the BJP’s National Media Cell from August 2003 till December 2009.
- • He is the former Chairman and Founder Director of a leading international curriculum boarding and day boarding school in Faridabad near Delhi and was the founder Director and creator of a leading Media Institute in collaboration with the Missouri School of Journalism, USA, the oldest journalism school in the world.
Foreign Seminars & Conferences
- • Fellow, Eisenhower Fellowship, USA (September 2004). Eisenhower Fellowships was founded in 1953 as a tribute to US President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Since 1953, a select group of about 2000 men and women from a hundred countries have joined the ranks of Eisenhower Fellows. They include four heads of government and over a hundred in positions of influence at cabinet level or higher. Currently, General Colin Powell serves as the Chairman of the Fellowship and John S. Wolf, a former U.S. Assistant Secretary of State, is the President of the Eisenhower Fellowships.
- • Fellow, 13th New Generation Seminar (2003) at the East West Center, Hawaii, on the subject "Challenges of Religious Diversity". 17 participants from 11 countries participated in this two-week seminar. • Fellow, Malaysia International Visitor Programme (MIVP -2003); Nalin was the sole Indian selected to interact with a host of political leaders, leading businessmen, intellectuals and professionals under this specially organized programme, sponsored by the Government of Malaysia.
- • Author, Comparative Analysis on Presentation of News in India and Austria, at the University of Klagenfurt under scholarship from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Austria (1998).
- • Fellow, Session 347 “Journalism in the Information Age” at the Salzburg Seminar, June 1997, Salzburg, Austria. Nalin served as the National Alumni Coordinator for the Salzburg Seminar in India
CS MANISH GUPTA
CS Manish Gupta (FCS, M.Com, LL.B., IP), associated with the profession of Company Secretaries for last 18 years, is presently practicing as a Company Secretary and is the Managing Partner of M/s. RMG & Associates, Company Secretaries. Mr. Gupta, is elected to the Central Council of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India for the term 2019-2022 and presently heading the PCS Committee of ICSI as Chairman for the year 2019.
Mr. Gupta's specialization is in handling complex assignments of Corporate Laws, Securities Law & Taxation Laws. He is regularly appearing before various Quasi Judicial Authorities and other regulators. Mr. Gupta was elected to the Northern India Regional Council of Institute of Company Secretaries of India for the term 2011-2014 & 2015- 2018. Mr. Gupta was unanimously elected as Chairman of NIRC of ICSI for the year 2016. Mr. Gupta is having rich experience in profession and also he is associated with many social and cultural organisations. He is the regular speaker in various training programmes of students and members at NIRC and other chapters of Northern Region.
Mr. Gupta is registered as an Insolvency Professional with Insolvency & Bankruptcy Board of India. Mr. Gupta is empanelled as Arbitrator with Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd (BSE) and National Stock Exchange Ltd (NSE). He is also empanelled as Mediator or Conciliator under the provision of the Companies Act, 2013 with various Regional Directors
CS ASHOK KUMAR DIXIT
Mr. Ashok Kumar Dixit is a Fellow Member of the ICSI. He is a Commerce Graduate and also a Law Graduate. He did Masters in Commerce and also Masters in Economics. He has been a meritorious student and has been recipient of merit scholarships. He is a recipient of silver medal for securing second rank in University in Law general examination. He has worked with Government of India. He has also practised Law. He was Chief Executive Officer of VSE Stock Services Limited and was also Member on its Board. He was Chairman, Vadodara Chapter of ICSI. Mr. Dixit has been Director (Discipline) ICSI.
He is an avid Reader and has passion for Studying Vedic Scriptures and literature, literature on ethics, Governance and Ancient Management practices and written articles on it. Capital Markets is his area of interest and has addressed many Seminars/Programmes on the same. He is regularly addressing Seminars, Conferences and Programmes across the Country on ethics and Code of Conduct for Company Secretaries. He has participated in National/ International Conferences on Corporate Governance.
Shri Ashok Kumar Dixit is Member of the Board of Discipline, ICSI, Director in ICSI-Global Research Knowledge Foundation (GRKF), ICSI- Registered Valuers Organisation (RVO) and Member of the National Foundation for Corporate Governance (NFCG), Government of India.
CS NAGENDRA D. RAO
Mr. Nagendra D Rao is the Designated Partner and Founder of the Nagendra D. Rao and Associates, LLP. He is a Commerce graduate and post graduate in Law from Bombay University. He is also a Fellow Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. Presently, he is whole time Practicing as a Company Secretary.
He has worked in multinational companies like Godrej Group of Companies Bombay; Indo Nissin Foods Limited, Bangalore & Sobha Limited, Bangalore looking into Legal & Secretarial aspects. He possesses over 15 years of experience in Corporate Sector and specializes in Corporate and Securities Laws, Capital Markets Transactions, Business Planning, Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Restructuring, Strategic Investment, Funds Planning & Arrangement.
He was elected to the Managing Committee of the Bengaluru Chapter of the ICSI for the period 2007-2010. He has served the Bengaluru Chapter of the ICSI as Secretary - 2007, Vice-Chairman - 2008 and Chairman – 2009. He has been elected to the Central Council of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India for the term 2019-2022. He has been elected to the Southern India Regional Council for Two terms 2011 – 2014 & 2015 - 2018 and was the Chairman of Southern India Regional Council for the year 2015.
He is Chairman of PMQ Course Committee and member of Executive Committee, Disciplinary Committee, Corporate Laws and Governance Committee, Practising Company Secretaries Committee, Training & Educational Facilities Committee, Placement Committee,Election Reforms Committee and ICSI-CCGRT & COEs Management Committee. He was the member of the Corporate Affairs and Taxation Committee of the Bangalore Chamber of Industry & Commerce during the period 2000 – 2004. He is Director in Avava Environs Pvt. Ltd. and is a guest lecturer in Christ University, since 2004. He has been associated with the Bengaluru Chapter, ICSI as a faculty and addressed number of Secretarial Modular Training Programmes (SMTP), Training Orientation Programme (TOP), Seminars and Workshops conducted by ICSI.